Monday, June 14, 2004

So. Damn. Tired.

I love my boy dearly but when is he going to become a better sleeper? He's slept longer than 5 hours only twice in 12 months, and I'm close to the breaking point. I'm headachy, my thought processes are fuzzy, my house is beyond a disaster area, I haven't picked up a book for pleasure reading or a crafty thing in months. I've read The No Cry Sleep Solution, I've followed all of the tips, he's definitely going to sleep more easily but still not staying asleep, and not settling himself when he wakes up in the night. I guess perhaps he's just going to be one of those people for whom sleep is always an issue, and for the most part he's fine during the day, active, happy, healthy, eats well, naps once in the afternoon for 2 hours. Perhaps weaning would help? I'm a believer in extended breastfeeding but honestly, after 4 straight years of TTC, pregnancy or breastfeeding I'm ready to have my body back to myself. Plus familial support for bfing has evaporated now that Jonah is 1. I don't know, I'm too tired to know what the answer is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home