Thursday, November 04, 2004

Sugar and Spice

Preschoolers can be cruel, and girls even moreso. Katie is learning the power of words and has taken to showing her displeasure by saying hurtful things. Her favourite is "I don't like you anymore" but we've also dealt with "I hate you", "Go away I don't want you here", "You're not being nice to me" and a myriad of other nasties. So far I've dealt with it by telling her it's a shame that she doesn't like me since I like her very much, or by ignoring her but I'm at a loss how to get her to understand how hurtful her words are without "arming" her in a way (haha I know what to do to upset mama). Every stage has been challenging with this child.

Oh, and coming into work this morning (after 1.5 hours sleep, thank you Jonah), the commissionaire (security guard) asked me when my baby was due. Yea-up. Time to diet I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home