Monday, April 10, 2006

Got Blog?

Why do you blog?

When I started blogging it was mostly a way to keep in touch with online friends, then it sort of morphed into a place where I could chat about what was on my mind and what was happening in my life. But lately I'm finding fewer and fewer things I can talk about here. I'd like to talk about my friend who is battling depression and how incredibly worried I am about that friend, about my friend who is critically ill and how worried I am about that friend, about my own struggles with hating work and hating the need to work, the guilt of leaving my kids every morning, the battle to be a better parent, the stupid things I do on an almost daily basis. I want to blog about the people and places around me. Problem is there are too many people I know in real life who read my blog, too many people who would recognise the people I want to blog about regardless of how I try to disguise them. Too many people who would read about my mistakes and then be in a position to hold them against me.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I know there are friends I love dearly who keep track of my life through this ridiculous little blog, and I don't want to let them down. But coming here and blogging all PollyAnna about how wonderful the children are and how great it is that the tulips are starting to poke up is just not me. I spend 8 hours a day putting on that game face for work, I don't want to do it online too.

So the bottom line is I'm still here, we're all fine, and I'm hoping to find that elusive balance between discretion and disclosure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie, still reading, glad you updated. Sorry about the dilema my prob, is that I just don't like to write anymore :(

9:15 PM  
Blogger Brandi1977 said...

SOrry you having such a issue try8ing to decide what to do. Keep in mind that you shouldn't feel you have to update. It's suppose to be something you want to do....not obligated to do!

Good luck!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home