Friday, February 17, 2006

Days of our Lives?

Feeling better, kicking myself for not going to the doctor sooner since the meds are helping so much. My dad and uncle are (hopefully) coming up tonight, so we can skate on the canal and do some Winterlude activities, though the weather here is so weird I have no idea if the ice surface will be skateable or not :(

Speaking of words that aren't words I actually heard an interviewee on the CBC yesterday say "aggressivity". Aggressivity?? Do you mean AGGRESSION? I hate it when people try to "use big words that make them seem smarter" since they nearly always fail.

Jonah went to spend yesterday with his grandparents since the sitter had an appointment. What a difference in his behaviour last night: he wasn't climbing the walls, he could actually sit still to eat his dinner (and he wasn't absolutely famished either), then he was clearly exhausted in the bath so I tucked him into bed at 7:05 and didn't hear a peep all night. When I took him back to the sitters this morning he cried and said "no I go grandmaman house". Poor wookie. Our sitter is a nice enough lady, and the price is right, but it's just not a good fit for Jonah. She doesn't let him play outside, the only outdoor time he gets is sitting in a wagon when she walks to pick her son up from school. That's not enough for a high energy two and a half year old boy.

I have had in the back of my mind that we would put him in the preschool program at the same centre where Katie has aftercare once he was ready (they have to be 30 months old and potty trained, so we're 50% there) but I strongly dislike one of the women in the preschool room - she just seems so rough and angry with the kids. True, there's a language barrier there and I suppose she could be yelling lullabies, but my gut tells me she's not. It's much more expensive too, but the kids play outside every day, have crafts and activities, are read to and played with and there's no TV. Katie is thriving in the 4 and 5 year old room, I suspect Jonah would too. However, he doesn't speak French, and isn't as quick a learner as Katie (at least linguistically), and he tends to be much more shy and serious than his sister. Plus the extra money would be very difficult to find. So many decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home