Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I talked myself out of seeing the doctor earlier today, I didn't think I was sick enough to bother him. I am kicking myself now. It's 2:45am here but I can't sleep, the pain in my sinuses, face and head is unbelievable. It's entirely localised on the left side too, so the hypochondriac in me keeps thinking I'm having a stroke.

I'm not having a stroke.

But damn it hurts! And I'm sweating like crazy despite the fact that it's 17C in the house.

So what does a sinus infection feel like? I haven't had one in years, and I don't really remember. Are you feverish, does it make half your face hurt like you've been beaten up, make your soft palate ache, make your head feel heavy, make you produce copious amount of dayglow green mucous... but all of this on one side only, like you drew a line through my head right down the centre of the nose? If so, how does one treat it? The tea, ibu*profen, suda*fed, and more tea that I've been taking doesn't seem to cut it. And why is it so much worse in the evening and at night?

I'm seriously dragging my sorry butt into the doctor's tomorrow, even if I feel better in the morning (which is so hard to imagine right now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home