Monday, January 30, 2006

a rite of passage

I got Katie's ears pierced.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

I've always said that I would have it done when she was old enough to ask for it and to understand that it would both hurt and require a fair amount of care. I admit, I was hoping it would be another year yet but it was inevitable once she started school (particularly this school which is ethnically diverse and contains many girls who had their ears pierced in infancy according to cultural customs). She has been, well, for lack of a better word harrassing us for weeks to have it done.

And yes, she cried. Or, more properly, she wailed like a banshee.

4 Comments:

Blogger maricar lianne said...

Aww she looks so cute!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! She looks adorable and very proud! I agree with you about waiting. I never had Ashley's done either. On her 13th birthday last year, she decided on her own to get them done. I slapped some Emla cream on each ear and she said it didn't hurt at all. To be honest, I wonder if the Emla cream really helped or not, I wonder if she's just insensitive to pain because of her dyspraxia. Oh well, she's enjoying her ears now! =)
-felicity

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWw! Very pretty :)

My SD had hers done when she was 6, we waited for the same reasons you mentioned. I think her mom and I cried more than she did! LOL

12:03 PM  
Blogger another lisa said...

it could be much worse... I totally flipped out on Sat. night when my daughter Sarah walked in with a face piercing- under her lip... yuck! but it's her body, her life... blah blah blah... hey I should post about this!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home