Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Resolutions

My dear friend Christine had a most fabulous idea: instead of making a list of resolutions Jan 1st to last all year, breaking it up into monthly resolutions (the idea being a 1 month commitment isn't as had to swallow as a whole year). In that spirit my resolution for January is to lose weight.

I put no number value on that, I just want to see the scale moving in the right direction. I will say though that I am now the same weight as I was full-term pregnant with Katie, which means I am nearly 30lbs over ideal. There's no reason for that. Yes, I've been stressed and yes, I am taking medications for which the major side effect is weight gain but 30lbs? My back is sore from the extra weight, my knee is sore from the extra weight, I get winded carrying the kids around because they're freakin' heavy, and also because of the extra weight.

So for January I'm going to make better food choices, eat smaller portions and move my butt more. We'll see how far that takes me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie - I wasn't going to make any resolutions this year, but I really like your month by month strategy. Makes a whole lot more sense and is way less intimidating!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home