Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Year in Review

In the waning hours of this year I'm looking back at the 12 months that have passed. While not exactly an annus horribilis, 2005 is not a year I'd be keen to repeat. There were a few ups, lots of downs and a whole lot of floundering helplessly.

February marked the start of my slide into the murky waters. It's when I really started to see how miserable I was at my job, the same job I'm still doing now some 10 months later. March and April marked even more misery at work but such incredible, vast improvements with Mr Jonah that it sort of balanced out. May was quiet, and marked my 33rd birthday.

June I took a big step out of my life. 5 weeks of stress leave, a couple of medical professionals and a whole lot of navel gazing about summed up June.

By July I was starting to feel better, or at least learning to cope better. The summer drifted by status quo.

In September my baby princess started school, and while there were some bumps she amazed everyone by picking up her new language incredibly quickly.

The fall brought work changes, a new boss, a new office, a new way of doing things. It didn't however bring a new attitude for me. I still hate what I'm doing, and I still can't wait until I can find something better. I spent most of the fall jumping hoops and wading through government hiring crap in the longest job competition ever. For awhile I was even excited about it. But 7+ months? If they called me Monday to offer me the job I don't know that I'd even be excited anymore.

Now December is closing and January is a breath away. Last year I resolved to be more loving and patient with my children. 2006 is about fixing me. Eating better, living better, feeling better.

Goodbye 2005, I'm not sorry to see you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home