Wednesday, December 14, 2005

That skirt really shows off your gams!

I love my pediatrician. No really, I LOVE my pediatrician! I have never, EVER waited in his waiting room longer than 5 minutes, not even once.

We arrived at 7:52 for our 8am appointment. I had barely gotten Jonah's boots and coat off when they ushered us in to an examining room. The nurse right away weighed and measured Jonah, wrote in his chart, then left. Literally 90 seconds later the doctor came in. You can tell doctors who have made children their life, they know exactly what to do, and they move FAST. He let Jonah play with his stethescope while he checked his reflexes, then let Jonah play with his reflex hammer while he listened to his chest. Head to toe exam - less than 5 minutes (or about the attention span of a 2 year old if he's drumming with a pair of tongue depressors). He took a little longer getting a really good look at Jonah's eyes, and he's pretty convinced that they're straight (phew). I was worried that he'd have the same strabismus issues that Katie has but so far that's not the case at all. We were back in the car and heading for a celebratory doughnut by 8:10. I LOOOOVE my ped :)

Jonah's stats are: height 36 inches, weight 33lbs (both right on the dot!), which is just under 50th percentile for height, and 75th percentile for weight.

I tried to take him Christmas shopping but that idea was quickly abandoned in favour of playing at home (less chasing involved). It was amazing to see how incredibly sweet and funny he is when he's not competing for attention with his sister. I think I need many more mama and Jonah days :)

Mama's little cross-dresser:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yes, that's tissue paper on his head. Who knows...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home