Monday, November 07, 2005

The cure for gunk in your eye? More gunk!

Katie has pink eye. The doctor says it's a fairly bad case too, lots of pus. She was fine yesterday! She wasn't awake when I left this morning but C didn't notice anything unusual. When I picked her up from school I knew. Her eye was puffy and gooey (I think perhaps the teachers didn't notice because her glasses were so freakin' dirty they couldn't see her eyes). Had to wait until after dinner to take her to urgent care. They prescribed fuci*thalmic viscous "drops". Obviously the doctor either has no children or has never used fuci*thalmic viscous because it's like trying to squeeze toothpaste into her eye! Tough to do while she's thrashing and screaming and swatting at me every time she manages to get a hand free. And I have to do this 13 more times!?!



Doctor insists that we keep her home tomorrow. C is on training and Jonah's babysitter won't take her so I get an unscheduled (and unpaid) day with Princess pus-y eye :)

So did this post make your eyes suddenly feel itchy, or am I a hypochondriac?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home