Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The interview

I had my long-awaited interview for the longest job competition in history yesterday. I *think* I did fairly well (either that or I had no freakin' clue what they were asking me). They have 3 days of interviews, and 3 or 4 interviewees each day, so HOPEFULLY I'll know before long. I did get to ask them all about the position and OMG does it sound awesome!!! Busy, fast paced, almost cutting edge (as much as anything involving analysis and spreadsheets can be cutting edge). Beyond that it sounds like something I'd be a good fit for. So, crossed fingers/toes/eyes for me!

Came home afterwards and just dragged through the afternoon/evening, finally giving up and going to bed just before 8. I don't know why I am so worn out lately. I slept nearly 10 hours last night and today again I am dragging terribly. Could be in part stress I suppose. My office is moving to a new building in a week and a half, and even though the transition is going smoothly I tend to get stressed about changes. Plus I've been to the new building, and while most of our directorate will be getting open cubicles with huge windows and tons of natural light my office looks like a dungeon. A roomy dungeon, but no windows, no light.

OK enough poor me, it's mostly sunny and I'm treating myself to lunch out! There's a place nearby that makes great pad thai :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home