Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Not a canape to be found

So we didn't win anything at the BIG RADIO PARTY, oh well, the guy who did win was thrilled and I had an evening out with my honey. I'm not eactly sure what I was expecting the party to be like but that wasn't it. It was held in a club in Ottawa called Capital City Music Hall. I can't quite decide whether it was "rustic" or just plain shabby (I'm leaning towards the latter) There was a hole in the bathroom floor as big around as a coffee mug that went straight down to the basement (I could see the floor beams, the light from downstairs), they had well over 1000 people crammed into this place, reasonably it could only be expected to hold half that. The line up to get in snaked 1 and a half BIG city blocks, then curled up a long flight of stairs and down a narrow hallway, it took more than a half-hour just to get inside! We stayed for the opening concert, which was LOUD but not bad, we left before the marquee act (The Matthew Good Band), we were just too too tired. Us old foagies can't be expected to be out past 7pm :)

I made 5 cool cards at the SU workshop I attended last Saturday, it was a lot of fun, and it was pretty interesting to see the range of levels (from people who could have taught the workshop themselves to people who had never used a rubber stamp before). It was amazing how groups of strangers quickly became collaborators, the faster people helping the slowers ones, everyone oohing and ahhing over each others little masterpieces. I'm glad I went.

Tomorrow Miss Katie has both a hearing exam and an eye exam. I suspect that she'll need a new prescription, and she definitely needs new glasses, her poor Barbie glasses are near the end of their lifespan. I know, you can't expect a 4 year old to make glasses last forever but they've been battered so much since she started school, it's mind-boggling! This time she'll have to make do with something from the "two pairs for $99" wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home