Friday, September 30, 2005

Writing's on the wall

Very superstitious, writing’s on the wall,
Very superstitious, ladders bout’ to fall,
When you believe in things that you don’t understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain’t the way, yeh, yeh.


I tend to be superstitious - not in the ridiculous black cat walking under ladders Friday the 13th way, more a believing that things happen for a reason and that there are signs out there if your eyes and mind are open to them.

I had a dream last night (yes, I know, generally I'd rather have a root canal than listen to other people's dreams but bear with me), I dreamed that I was dying and I dreamed that a doctor friend of mine was the attending physician trying to save me. I used to work quite closely with this doctor but in the Spring I changed positions and she changed floors so now I see her only briefly a couple of times a week. Imagine then how odd it was that after dreaming about her last night she showed up in my office this morning at 7:22 with a tray of coffee.

Perhaps I'm being shown that I'm surrounded by wonderful people, if I just open my eyes and heart to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home