Thursday, December 15, 2005

Scrooge-dilly-icious

The tree is up, the Christmas carols are pumping, there's eggnog in the fridge and presents waiting to be wrapped and pretty Christmas cookies in the freezer. Still doesn't feel like Christmas.

I think I have to let go of the idea that the lead up to Christmas will be anything other than torture, at least for a few more years. Oh I know that on the big day(s) I'll be happy - watching the kids open their presents, seeing my family and friends, being together. But the preparations, fuggedaboutit. Shopping is no fun when you're po', baking is no fun with two little egg-smashing "helpers", decorating is no fun alone. Add to that an evil teenager and a "less than satisfying" job (plus this STUPID STUPID 7 MONTHS RUNNING JOB COMPETITION THAT STILL HASN'T BEEN DECIDED!!!!!!!!!) and I am totally scrooged.

I did finish a scrapped calendar for the MIL, and got most of my Christmas cards out on time but everything else I'm just letting go of. The kids won't notice anyway, and they're all that really matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home