Friday, December 16, 2005

snow much fun

We're up to our elbows in snow and more of the white stuff is falling. Because the department I work for is high in stupid quotient I dragged my sorry butt in here through the snow today anyway. Thankfully I drive a big van with snow tires, and was able to see above the sea of cars stuck in snow drifts.

I love my honey :) Last night he gave me the cutest little crystal-etched Christmas tree that sits on a flashing LED base (so that the tree glows alternate colours... yeah, that was a lame ass explanation, I'd better just take a picture) to make my office a little cheerier. Today he packed my lunch (as he always does, yes I'm spoiled and no, he's not for sale) and tucked in eggnog and clementines. He'll drag me into the Christmas spirit kicking and screaming :)

It's a PD day today in the French school board so Katie will stay at the after care program all day. They're having a little Christmas party, each child can bring one of their toys to share and they're having lunch and special snacks. When C dropped her off this morning he asked what they were having for lunch... turns out it's turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and all of the trimmings. C was about ready to take off his coat and stay! What a great program they have there, we really lucked out!

Still haven't taken the kids to see "Santa", they haven't asked but I feel like I have to anyway, one of those "expected" things. They have a gorgeous Santa set-up at Merivale Mall,, problem is that's not really close to my house. There's a santa display at the mall right across the street from me, not as nice but probably where I'll end up anyway. Maybe Sunday afternoon...

Tonight I hope to finish the baking I aborted last night when Katie dropped the last two eggs on the kitchen floor :) and maybe even wrap a few presents. We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home