Sunday, February 05, 2006

My world is full of drips

Nothing says Spring like a leaky basement.


Thankfully it's in the laundry room, not the rec room or pantry. I should be upset I guess but, meh, I'm not. I'm sure a tube of silicone sealant will make it go away for now.

Life here is crawling along, quiet and rather boring. I found out that I didn't get the job that I had been competing for since last May. I was the top finisher, but I'm not bilingual enough for the position (if they had mentioned they wanted a bilingual person at the outset I wouldn't have wasted my time). However they created an "eligibility list", so if they have an English only position come up in the next 6 months they can hire me without competition. Wow, thanks, 8 months of my life I can't get back in exchange for a piece of paper and a pat on the head. Could have at least bought me a consolation doughnut.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that pic is cool!

sorry about the job :(

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home