Sunday, May 09, 2004

A Melancholy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to my fellow mamas. It was a melancholy mother's day here, my last day as a SAHM. Tomorrow bright and early I return to work. I guess I'm ready, I got my hair cut, bought a couple of new blouses (I'm still breastfeeding so none of my old business tops fit well). Sippy cups are packed, Katie and I have talked about what will happen tomorrow (she was quite sad but I think she'll be OK). I have at least a general idea of what I'm supposed to be doing. It feels like a sham though, I keep thinking someone will pop out and say it's all a joke, that my baby's not really almost a year old and that I still have lots more time at home.

Today also brought news that my ex has split with his wife. Unexpectedly I feel really sad for him. He and I have not always had the best relationship over the years but I still feel bad that his family is being ripped apart.

A melancholy day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home