Monday, November 29, 2004

Jonah's 18 month WBC

It's really tough to blog without highspeed! Man do I miss it.

Jonah's 18 month well baby check-up was last week (a little early I know) and all of his stats were normal but I really felt like the doctor brushed off my concerns about his developement. I mentioned the sleep issues, the no talking issues, the tantrums issues, the clinginess and excessive crying issues and all were met with "that's normal, you can't compare him to your other kids, they're all different". I know they're all different but I'm not some screaming harpie who demands an MRI everytime the kid coughs! I've always been a calm laid back no worries kind of parent. I just want answers, and if those answers are "he'll outgrow it" well then Halleiluiah, but at least acknowledge my concerns. Grrr.

I also discussed with him Jonah's milk intolerance and he suggested that Jonah was sensitive not to the milk but to - the calcium? I've never heard of that before. Could you be calcium intolerant and could that cause constipation? He's also not too keen on us having Jonah solely on soy milk, he feels that there isn't enough fat in it so he wants us to try to find the maximum amount of cow's milk Jonah can tolerate, then supplement with soy. Again I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that advice. Perhaps I'll have a chat with one of the doctors I work with and see if I can make sense of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home