Monday, March 07, 2005

8 for the 80's - musical edition

The continuation of Andrea's cool meme

1. What did the music of that era mean to you then?

Well it's hard to fully imagine since it's the music I "came of age" to, it was more than entertainment, it was the soundtrack of my life, the words of my generation. I spent half the 80's in highschool, when music was everything!

2. What song takes you right back, whenever you hear it?

Alphaville's "Forever Young", they played it as the last song of every highschool dance I ever attended.

3. Shuffle your playlist (I know you have one). What’s the first song listed from the 80’s? (not a cover!)

No playlist, I'm at work :)

4. Your 80’s music icon was…?

Madonna for a long time.

5. Hair bands! Discuss!

Platinum Blonde - do I need to say more?

6. How much did your musical taste change from 1980 to 1989?

HUGE! In 1980 I was all about Saturday Night Fever (shuddap, so were you, admit it!) John Travolta, Olivia Newtow-John... By 1989 it was Depeche Mode, Morrissey (The Smiths), The Cure... less mainstream stuff (though still not real weird)

7. Which big 80’s music star should just give up already?

I'm with Andrea, it's time for Jacko to retire

8. Which big 80’s musical talent are you glad to see has still got it?

Well I'm glad to see Madge still around (though I haven't heard anything lately).

bonus question: When you first heard Bowling for Soup’s 1985, what did you do?

Oh don't hurt me but I rolled my eyes. There's nothing like hearing all of your icons mentioned in a song that also refers to you as being "uncool" for liking them. Yeah, I need to be reminded that I'm old.

I'm going to have Karma Chameleon stuck in my head all afternoon now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home