Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Eight for the 80's

Normally I'm not a meme kinda chick but, well, it's about the 80's! How could I resist?

Eight for the 80's (thanks to Andrea)

1. What was your hair like?
---In a word - BIG. Super high bangs, teased crown, think Madonna in "Like a Virgin" and you're close.
2. What did you *wish* your hair was like?
---I always wanted big spiral curls but that was never happening with my hair so I was pretty OK with how it was.
3. What was the coolest item of clothing you had back in the 80’s that is totally embarrasing now?
---Yeesh. Well I had a ton of jeans with safety pins making the calves nearly impossible to walk in. OH - I remember, I had neon pink nylons. I wore them once with white jelly shoes - that's a day I wish I could have back! Did I mention it was for school pictures ((shudder))
4. What was a cool fashion trend that you didn’t understand back then, and still don’t?
---Jelly shoes. The freakin' things were hot, sharp-edged, impossible to walk in and ugly as sin.
5. What was a fashion trend you *wish* would come back?
---As much as punk was cool I loved the whole preppie scene, I miss my pastel button down shirts and snug jeans, and my Bass Weejun penny loafers, and my retardedly expensive Ralph Lauren socks
6. … or that you were happy to see did come back?
---Things from the 80's are back? I didn't get the memo. I do hate those rubber bracelets, they could have stayed gone.
7. Who was your 80’s fashion icon?
---Depends on which part of the 80's. Madonna in the early part, then I went through a Molly Ringwald phase (shut up!), then there was the Morrisey/Robert Smith phase...
8. Describe your best (or worst) look for the eighties.
---The neon nylons and jelly shoes. I'm going to dig up that picture, it's truly hideous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home