Tuesday, May 11, 2004

A bit on my job

To answer Michelle's question: My position is as part of a team of two and, ironically, the person who replaced me will remain and the person I used to be partnered with is being reassigned. I'm spending a week reorienting myself with everything then next Monday it will be me and my replacement as the new team. I couldn't be happier about it, I get along famously with my new partner (though I'll miss working with my old partner). There were some gasps and shocked faces though when the announcement was made, the person being reassigned spent more than 3 years in our position and had nearly a year's seniority on me, and more than 2 years seniority on my new partner (who worked in our office in another capacity before I left).

This week "reorienting" myself though is kind of a crock. Honestly, within an hour I felt comfortable with everything again. Not that it was rocket science to begin with but the changes and updates took very little time to read through and there were no major policy changes in the past year. This morning I have a two-hour "Ergonomics Training Session" (they're going to teach me to sit in my chair).

I can say that thin, snug business blouses were not intended to be worn by breastfeeding women. Not only could you see my breast pads clearly through it but I decided that I wouldn't pump unless I was really unconfortable (I want to get my supply regulated to nursing morning and evening as quickly as possible) so by day's end it was stretched real tight and I resembled Dolly Parton. Plus the cute flippy thing that my hairdresser did with my hair is impossible for me to replicate at home so I look kinda shaggy dog like. And I had totally forgotten the endless flow of fattening food through that office. Yesterday I had my first ever Krispy Kreme doughnut (we don't have them up here but a collegue had flown in from Toronto and brought a box). I guess they're better warm but they weren't too shabby cold either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home