Friday, July 09, 2004

Turning the corner?

I've been hesitating to mention this because I'm afraid to jinx myself but it seems like Jonah may finally be developmentally ready to sleep through the night - he's done so 3 of the past 4 nights!! He's falling asleep by himself, he's staying asleep and he'S waking up chipper and happy.

The difference this is making in my life is immeasurable. 6 solid hours of sleep are so much more restorative than 8 or 9 hours of broken sleep. I no longer need to suck back diet coke just to stay away (now I do so for the fun of it). I can get out of bed in the morning after only one 'snooze'. I can almost think straight again.

I've also noticed now that he's sleeping better he's far less interested in nursing - he wants to nurse when I pick him up from the sitter's (more of an "I missed you mama" cuddle than a meal) but isn't interested in nursing to sleep or first thing in the morning now.

Big changes... hope they last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home