Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Cheap date

We went out to dinner at a friend's house Saturday, always a wonderful time, good food and lots of drinks. However, it seems like 5+ years of TTC, pregnancy, breastfeeding, TTC, pregnancy and breastfeeding has turned me into a rather cheap drunk. I was far more inebriated Saturday evening than I ever have been before. I missed out of the college-binge drinking/passing out in the bars/puking in the taxi stage of life having gotten knocked up before I hit legal drinking age, so my 'I now understand what falling down drunk means' moment occured at the tender age of 32. There were cocktails (Kir Royale), there was wine (a wonderful mellow Spanish red), there was dessert (crème brulée liquer, to.die.for). I could feel certain cognative functions going offline, and finally I could feel the world getting dim around the edges. I didn't pass out, I have no doubt that just one more would have accomplished that feat, and remarkably I wasn't sick and didn't have a hang over the next day. Still, it was creepy and scary. Perhaps if I had experienced it in my early 20s it wouldn't have been so frightening, but from my older first time eyes I just can't imagine what makes people do that over and over again, weekend after weekend.

Still gonna get me a bottle of that fabu crème brulée, I'll just sip it next time ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home