Monday, May 09, 2005

Look - but do you really see?

Every morning on my drive into work I pass along pretty much the full length of Mooney's Bay. Mornings when the sun is up and the wind is calm it's breathtakingly beautiful, a perfect mirror with trees and small white foot bridges reflected in its surface. Every morning I think "if I wasn't in such a hurry I'd love to stop and look for awhile, and take pictures". Then I drive along Hog's Back and the edge of the University campus, with green green grass, tall trees and waterfall and think about how much I'd like to stop there and enjoy the sights.

Picking C up from work downtown in the afternoons we pass several spectacular churches, all old stonework and stained glass and I think "if I wasn't in such a hurry I'd love to stop and look, and take pictures".

How many beautiful things do we speed by in a day only barely noticing they exist?

I challenge everyone to start your day 10 minutes earlier tomorrow and seek out something beautiful (or just interesting) that you pass by frequently but never stopped to really appreciate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home