Monday, April 18, 2005

misery

It's after 2am here. Why am I blogging? I went to bed hours ago but was awakened by this horrid pain in my ear (and now that I'm awake I notice an equally horrid pain in my throat), so here I sit, drinking scalding hot tea and waiting for the ibu*profen to kick in. I'm running just a very slight fever (100.4) which leads me to believe this misery is viral and therefore if I crawled my @$$ into the doctor's office all he'd tell me is fluids and ibu*profen anyway. SUCKS! Not that I'm a drug seeker, I rarely take anything more potent than ibu*profen anyway and I believe in the wait and see approach to antibiotic use (both for myself and the kids) but it's so frustrating to feel like this and realize there's nothing you can do but wait it out.

I can't imagine how awful work tomorrow will be. It'd be really tough to call in sick though, I've used a LOT of sick days and vacation days lately to cover for my sitter taking at least one day off each and every week for the past 8 (in fact she's off tomorrow - or I guess I mean today now, and the kids are spending the day with my eldery in-laws).

Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home