Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A clutter conspiracy

I'm a packrat, I admit it, I come from a very long line of packrats. C has packrat tendencies too, which is to say our house is pretty full. I'd like to "declutter" and downsize, and I try but I seem to accumulate stuff as quickly as I divest myself of it.

However there are people who are utterly offended by my clutter. Whatever, don't visit, what do I care. The irritating thing is these people are the very same people who are in large part responsible for enabling my junk aquisitions. You know the type: they have something for you, something utterly useless of course but they simply WILL NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER. We were visiting with one of these people recently and she attempted to give us a set of spill-proof paint cups. A nice thought but we have TWO FULL SETS already! I declined NICELY but she insisted and insisted. I kept declining, more and more forcefully. I explained that we already have twice as many of these as we need. I thought I'd gotten through to her until we got home and I realized that she'd hidden them in the diaper bag. Sigh. More crap for the pile. Worst thing is she gave us one of the other sets we have too.

So - anyone need spill-proof paint cups? A size 40 black suit jacket? A bag of size 16 or 18 (or maybe even larger?) older women's clothes? The ugliest quilt I have ever in my life seen? Sheer curtains? Wall-mounted bedside lamps? Picture frames?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home