Thursday, April 21, 2005

are the clouds parting?

I did drag my butt into the doctor but he told me what I already knew: this nasty bug is viral and there's not a lot I can do but rest and wait it out. He did tinker with my asthma meds to at least get that back under control and I have a bottle of yucky cough suppressant. C (genius that he is) suggested I sleep propped up half sitting and that REALLY helped, I slept better last night than I have all week. A good night's rest goes a long way towards helping the body fight it's battles.

Our van has "recovered" too. My uncle is an autobody repairman, which means he can buy car parts at mechanic rates, so he found our $900 fuel pump for $540 (and even arranged for us to pick it uphere in town instead of having to pay for shipping from Southern Ontario). Our mechanic installed it (and fixed our blocked up heater too) for $270 so the whole deal came to a little over $800. Still a lot of money but less than we had braced ourselves for. So that's definitely a bit of good news :)

Small reasons to smile, but I'm grateful for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home