Tuesday, April 13, 2004

My Floor!!

The kids and I came home yesterday to glorious new flooring! I'm so pleased! Despite all of the troubles C had the flooring looks spectacular, warm and almost glowing. So much better than our gross old carpeting and our worn out cushioned kitchen floor. Plus the livingroom is now a soft peachy-beige instead of that hideous pool green we've lived with far too long. There are still some finishing touches (a few places where the baseboards had to be replaced need to be painted white) and we haven't yet put all of the furniture back but I'm just so happy. Here's a shot of the diningroom floor, more later when I put the furnishings back.



We had a wonderful weekend at my parents' house, my mom invited a bunch of neighbourhood kids for an Easter egg hunt in her yard, it was really cute to see them running around with their pails searching for eggs. She respected my wishes about not giving the kids too much candy too, there was lots for everyone but this year I don't have several bunnies in my freezer. It could only have been better if I wasn't so worn out (I fell asleep at 9 on my last night there and totally missed out on a quiet evening of conversation).

Here's Katie hunting for eggs (while my mom snaps away):



Some of the kids on the bridge over the pond:



And Katie feeding the fish in the pond (those fish have never been so well fed, it was her favourite thing!):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home