Tuesday, August 17, 2004

I hate cars

I hate cars. I hate the endless stream of money required to keep them running, I hate our absolute dependance on these lumps of steel and rubber and I hate like hell the auto mechanics we have to grovel before when something goes wrong.

I'm having car trouble - can you tell? Of course it couldn't be the cheap "you just need a small adjustment" type of trouble, no it's the forget about eating for the next month type. $1027 that we absolutely cannot afford. Yet what can we do? We've pinned our hopes on being able to get a decent sum for this stupid car if we can ever find a buyer for it, and there's no way anyone will buy it if it doesn't drive! "Why yes, it's a fabulous car, very reliable except that you can't shift gears".

Financially it feels like every time we manage to get our heads just a little out of the water something pushes us back down again. I'm sick of drowning... and I'm sick of cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home