Friday, August 20, 2004

weaned?

It's been 3 days since Jonah last nursed. I'm guessing he is weaned. I'd been trying Kelly Mom's "Don't offer, don't refuse" method for about a month now and he was down to generally once a day (and usually once overnight as well) but 3 days ago I decided I couldn't handle the night session any longer (he was comfort nursing, and doing so for 45 - 90 minutes! I was sore and miserable) so DH took over the nighttime comforting. Once he did that Jonah spontaneously gave up the day time feeding.

I'm sad, which I expected, he is after all my very last baby and now closer than ever to not being a baby at all. What I didn't expect was mixed in with the sadness and longing a selfish tinge of relief. Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking that for the first time in more than 4 years I'm going to have my body back all to myself.

So I'm sad. And relieved. And proud that I gave Jonah 14.5 months of the best stuff and that he made the decision to move on mostly by himself. My baby is growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home