Saturday, June 25, 2005

A book meme

I've been tagged by Lisa

1. Total Number of Books Owned: Wow - well over 500 anyway. We'd have more too if we had a bigger house

2. Last Book Bought: The Life of Pi by Yann Martel

3. Last Book Read: The Dark Tower (Book 7) by Stephen King (I waited 20 years for THAT???)

4. Five Books that mean a lot to me: Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Was there a single girl who was not profoundly affected by this book?
The Gate to Women's Country by Sheri Tepper. Very thought provoking (though my take was quite different than the person who wrote that amazon review). Still resident in certain brain cells, I find myself thinking about it often even though I haven't read it in more than 10 years.
The Chrysalids by John Wyndham. Say what you will, I LOVED that book! If you were forced to read it in 12th grade English you might not agree but I read it on my own in my early teens (and again in my 20's) and found it very affecting.
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. A classic, glad I first read it before my children were born, it truly changed my perspective on womanhood.
The Stand by Stephen King. One of the major reasons I chose health sciences as a career.

OK so I tag Maria and Susie ('cause they're so smart :) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home