Monday, June 06, 2005

unloading

It's difficult to admit but I seem to have lost my ability to juggle. I know that hundreds of thousands of women over hundreds of thousands of years have managed to work, raise kids, keep house and still smile but it would appear that I am not one of them. The stresses in my life, particularly the stress of working in an environment where I've been tossed around like trash in the wind, have finally become more than I can handle. So, in consultation with my doctor and my husband I am taking a medical leave of absense from work. Probably just 4 weeks. Just enough time to start dealing with the elephant.

I don't know how much I'll be able to talk about it here. I'm ashamed, I'm frightened, I'm burning with nervous energy and falling down with exhaustion and apathy. It's not a good place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home