Thursday, July 21, 2005

How I long for sleep

Why is wookie not sleeping? I spent 5 weeks at home on leave, he slept all but 3 of those nights. I went back to work July 11th, he was awake all 5 nights of that first week. He slept through both weekend nights and now, Thursday, he's been up every night tis week. What is going on?? What is he trying to tell me?

My gut says the issue is daycare. Comparing notes with the sitter his schedule is more or less the same (eats at the same times, naps at the same times). C figures perhaps he isn't getting good quality naps there because of the other kids making noise, and that seems reasonable. A coworkers of mine (a Super Nanny officionado apparently) says he needs to be up at night to spend time with me that he doesn't get during the day. Yeah, OK, I could buy that though the quality of the time I spend with him at 3am is questionable.

I came back to work believing that I could cope but that coping depended on being well rested. I have used up all of my sleep buffer and am back into serious sleep debt. No one benefits when I'm bitchy from lack of sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home