Friday, September 10, 2004

Love me, love my kids?

I think my kids are great. I'm not one of those deluded moms who thinks the sun rises and sets on her little hellions and the whole world should worship them (while they're burning down the neighbourhood and torturing small animals generally). I know my beauties aren't perfect but they are generally good kids, nice people, for the most part well mannered and nice to spend time with.

So why am I the only one who thinks that?

My inlaws have been finding reasons pretty much since Katie's birth to exclude the kids from the things they do. The latest episode involves a visit from their overseas friend (why yes, it is the same overseas friend that they spent 5 weeks with to miss out on Jonah's birth). The MIL called on Friday (while C was off on his annual canoe trip) to tell me how anxious they were that C have an opportunity to meet the friend, and how they'd contact C when he got back to make arrangements with him for a time that he's available. Yeah, I get the picture. Yesterday C's sister calls, are we free Sunday to meet the overseas friend but oh, you have to find a sitter because the kids are so distracting. It's a moot point since we have plans for Sunday already (plans I might add which involve our children). Basically what the SIL told me is that it's OK for her 2 year old granddaughter to be there, and it's OK for our infant nephew to be there, and of course it's OK for her teenaged kids to be there but my children are unwelcome.

Then again, why would I want to go places or spend time with people who don't like my children anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home